Ghost Town USA!!

Talk about whatever, within reason, with the guild and guests.
Firechucker

Ghost Town USA!!

Post by Firechucker »

Where is everyone at these days? Not been playing for a couple months because of pure boredom. Lack of people wanting to raid has come to an all time high it seems. I tried to come to the last 2 or 3 raids, but knew nothing was gonna come of it with only 5 or 7 players signed up. Not much of an MMO with those numbers!

I have been spending most of my time playing MW3. Tons of people on and do not have to wait for a game at all. The least amount of people I have saw online was around 436,000. So waiting for a game takes like 10 seconds :P Most of the time there is around 700k to 800,000 poeple online playing. And the only game out there that has sold over 6,400,000 copies within the first 24 hours of its release. So if anyone has a PS3 and play MW3 sent me a PM and will add ya to friends list.

I will be on here and there for a few more months, but not gonna actually get back into AOC at this time. So I hope all of you have fun and will see you all in game from time to time.

BoSsBeaner
Dubee

Re: Ghost Town USA!!

Post by Dubee »

Agree, I joined this guild thinking that raiding was one of its higher priorties, but in the this past week or so theres nobody home at raid time. This guild name was around in 2008 on tyranny and has since past on.
By the way FPS has alwasy out done MMO's you pay for the game ONCE, not per month, sometimes, as the Battlefiled and Call of duty series has done, has following for many, many years, instead of guilds they have clans that to this day are still around with hundreds of members not running off to the latest game fad. Clans support and run their own gaming servers. There is no funcom or game masters only clan server admins.
Hang in there, I hope for the best in this guild, but, since 2008 I have seen guilds come and go in this game n many servers.
Vallarus

Post by Vallarus »

What's odd is that we were raiding the prior 2 weeks and getting to Keeper.

I haven't even been in the guild that long and have seen a couple Thoth kills. It's like everyone bailed during the last couple weeks.

I really was expecting the opposite. I thought the SWTOR new and shiny toy effect would wear off and people would trickle back in.

My last few raids have been with Prophets and Furious since they also are needing to pull some people in to make proper raid numbers.

Could be some guild mergers coming up. I'd still like to see Thoth croak a few more times.
Firechucker

Post by Firechucker »

I have played all of the CoD series. The last 3 I have played the most. I love the game play and really like all the players online at all different times. No waiting for games :P I guess my biggest crapper about AoC is that nothing ever gets fixed. And when they try, things get even worse than they were before. It has been like that since the game was released. And then, many of the things wrong at the release were brought to their attention during Beta. But not much came from it.
I love just putting the disc in and playing.........not crashing ever 30 minutes, not getting stuck all the time, the game just simply works.

As far as the raids go, I am sure Kali is really busy with RL things. So not to worry about a week or two. On the same note, she might be taking a well deserved break from the game for a couple weeks. It has got to be very frustrating to try to raid new zones, and nobody shows because there is a good chance of not dropping a boss that night. But you cannot walk into T4 the first night and clear it, and if you could then what is the use anyhow.
Dubee

Post by Dubee »

Kepp in mind that in Gaming, An hour is a day, a day a week, a week a month, a month a year, gaming is always changiing, has no patience and will not wait for most tihings.
COD is run and gun !!, talk about no patience.
Last edited by Dubee on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TyR
Site Admin

Post by TyR »

Just a reminder to people... make sure to sign up for raids if you want them to actually happen.
Dubee wrote:COD is run and gun !!, talk about no patience.
Not to mention very unrealistic as well. Guessing that 3 is like 2 was as far as the console game design for match finding and player limits. Red Orchestra a little better for realism and tactics, but they kinda made it more like the CoD series in the new one. Still nice having a 64 player game though. That is what I really hate about the CoD series. The early ones used to be so much larger in scale for both player counts and map sizes. Now everything seems to be developed to the lowest common denominator (xbox), so pc games suffer.
Apollyon
80 Necromancer
Chaos Lord of Pestilence

Firechucker

Post by Firechucker »

Yes. there are a lot of maps that I would call a "run n gun". But there are also maps that are not. Several have no respanwning, so that makes it nice. Also there are always custom maps that will come that are Sniper ONLY for instance.
You only get a sniper rifle and maybe a knife. On the other hand, Drop Zone/community map is a run n gun like no other. No skill required at all. So it really depends on what your play style is and weapon you choose.

For the maps on the latest CoD, they are rather large. Dome and Resistance maps are the smallest, but all others are rather large. Sometimes gets annoying running to the objective each time.

I am afraid though that the new Star wars game is gonna put a major dent in the AoC community. Not even sure if it is out yet or not? That is a game I will never play. Talk about a game that is not realistic. My 4 year old daughter plays games that look more realistic than that. I have always hated the entire star wars stuff, movies, games, etc. Too fake. Roflmao..the ship in RL is only like a few feet long. Not sure how anybody could be interested in a game/movie that is that misleading, but many people are :P I mean all the laser beams and ships and stuff make it a game that is too cartoonish for me. As most all MMO's are.