T1 Raids - Friday 26 Jun - Pestilence and Meathooks

Talk about whatever, within reason, with the guild and guests.
Renfield

Re: T1 Raids - Friday 26 Jun - Pestilence and Meathooks

Post by Renfield »

-- Updated to this Point --
Flies, why eat flies when I can have nice juicy spiders . . .

Renfield in Dracula (1931)
Necrophylia

Post by Necrophylia »

Hey, how did this go? I wish I was able to make it but unfortunately wasn't so. Even if I did end up making it, I was drunk on sake and probably would have been going, "where's the dragon?" :P.
Renfield

Post by Renfield »

We ended up only doing Kylikki's mostly so people could sleep. My sleep schedule is messed up right now with work wanting me in the office around 4am and our main raids not getting done until 11pm. After 4 days of only getting around 3-4 hours a sleep a night, it finally caught up with me and I asked meathooks to lead the raid as I was a tad loopy and literly falling asleep while trying to raid. We had 4-5 others who wanted sleep as well so we tabled the other T1 bosses without even attempting.

We had tons of of belt drops though - easily over 10 with three of them being ranger :/

The champion is actually a bit tougher and you really need to watch his curse and reflective damage. I was on a SIN and needed to use my soul shards and feats to keep alive. I was hesitant to go all out DPS until I got a better understanding of what was causing the reflective damage that caused our 1st attempt wipe. I'm still not sure if that was due to curse not being seen of if the champ had another of his spells buffed that also causes reflective and/or aoe damage.

Kylikki herself is actually easier, her AOE raid wipe does not insta-kill clothies anymore. It will kill those already low on health though. We had issues with aggro management and Kylikki was being pulled off and causing the AOE with people not in range. The dogs seemed nerfed as well but I wasnt tanking them so I'm not sure if this was due to better dmg mitigation on the heavies side, good heals or the dogs themselves hitting for less.

I was too tired to discuss what today's plan is for alt raiding but my preference is to do BRC wing 1. I also want to test something for the final boss - I have a feeling that no matter where you position the boss, the constant adds will eventually surround the raid and any new spawns wont be able to path to a raid member due to collision with the other adds. I will be keeping a close eye out for the new adds to just sit there on spawn. If this is the case, then the concept of limiting the number of adds on you by fighting in a corner has increased merit.
Flies, why eat flies when I can have nice juicy spiders . . .

Renfield in Dracula (1931)
Flak

Post by Flak »

Renfield wrote:We ended up only doing Kylikki's mostly so people could sleep. My sleep schedule is messed up right now with work wanting me in the office around 4am and our main raids not getting done until 11pm. After 4 days of only getting around 3-4 hours a sleep a night, it finally caught up with me and I asked meathooks to lead the raid as I was a tad loopy and literly falling asleep while trying to raid. We had 4-5 others who wanted sleep as well so we tabled the other T1 bosses without even attempting.

We had tons of of belt drops though - easily over 10 with three of them being ranger :/

The champion is actually a bit tougher and you really need to watch his curse and reflective damage. I was on a SIN and needed to use my soul shards and feats to keep alive. I was hesitant to go all out DPS until I got a better understanding of what was causing the reflective damage that caused our 1st attempt wipe. I'm still not sure if that was due to curse not being seen of if the champ had another of his spells buffed that also causes reflective and/or aoe damage.

Kylikki herself is actually easier, her AOE raid wipe does not insta-kill clothies anymore. It will kill those already low on health though. We had issues with aggro management and Kylikki was being pulled off and causing the AOE with people not in range. The dogs seemed nerfed as well but I wasnt tanking them so I'm not sure if this was due to better dmg mitigation on the heavies side, good heals or the dogs themselves hitting for less.

I was too tired to discuss what today's plan is for alt raiding but my preference is to do BRC wing 1. I also want to test something for the final boss - I have a feeling that no matter where you position the boss, the constant adds will eventually surround the raid and any new spawns wont be able to path to a raid member due to collision with the other adds. I will be keeping a close eye out for the new adds to just sit there on spawn. If this is the case, then the concept of limiting the number of adds on you by fighting in a corner has increased merit.
Nobody got mezzed for the whole fight. I don't know if anyone else noticed it or not. Just pointing out another change.
[urlImage][/url]
)))))))) <Yinraven Ranger>Arita Pom<Frautodlich Necro>Tsuke Conq<Quoin Demo>((((((((