Pawnee's Chili

Talk about whatever, within reason, with the guild and guests.
Renfield

Pawnee's Chili

Post by Renfield »

Ingrediants:
2 packages of McCormick's Chili Seasoning Mix - Original
1 Package of McCormick's Chili Seasoning Mix - Hot
3 Lbs ground beef - 80/20
1 (6 oz). can tomato paste
3 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 (15-16 oz) can kidney beans - partially drained
1 (15-16 oz) can pinto beans - partially drained
1 (15-16 oz) can black beans - partially drained
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 Tsp Ground Mustard Powder
Crushed Red Pepper
Fritos
Shredded cheese

Directions:
1. Brown meat in large cooking pot on medium-high heat. Do not drain fat (adds to flavor later)
2. Add minced garlic and onion to pot
3. Once onion turns translucent; add diced tomatos, tomato paste, mustard and season packages. Mix well.
4. Add all three types of beans and mix well.
5. Season to taste with crushed red pepper and bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Transfer to slow clooker or move pot to smallest burner and reduce to lowest setting. Stir occasionaly and allow 6+ hours to simmer.

Serving:
Put a foundation of fritos in base of bowl and add chili to cover. Top with shredded cheese.

The chili will freeze well in an airtight containor so any leftovers can be enjoyed later on a rainy day.

Enjoy . . .
Flies, why eat flies when I can have nice juicy spiders . . .

Renfield in Dracula (1931)
Eyegol

Re: Pawnee's Chili

Post by Eyegol »

Man that sounds pretty good .

Well except the cheat mix you use .
Obayne

Post by Obayne »

christ are you cooking for an army? I just made chili yesterday.... my chili is always a bit different, the base is the same but the ingredients vary... haha! CHEATER....!
Renfield

Post by Renfield »

yeah yeah, call it cheat mix but after making my own and never getting the consistent quality from batch to batch, I decided to try McCormiks and was pleased with it. I added the ground mustard powder to get it closer to my chilli mix and I think it's just as good.

If available, I'll substitute game meat [deer, elk, etc] into the chilli for a more chunky texture but you need to really tendorize it well first. I tried mixing some sausage into the gound beef awhile back and it just didnt sing to me.
Flies, why eat flies when I can have nice juicy spiders . . .

Renfield in Dracula (1931)
Obayne

Post by Obayne »

it'schili.... it's a garbage soup IMO, meaning leftovers and whatever else you can get your hands on... I do not think I have EVER made a pot of chili the same in my whole life... but I guess it doesn't have to be a garbage soup....

we made deer chili on our camping trip...funny we used mccormick seasoning....green red yellow bell peppers and onions ...let it cook on the campfire all day...was REALLY good
Oreanda

Post by Oreanda »

Obayne wrote:it'schili.... it's a garbage soup IMO, meaning leftovers and whatever else you can get your hands on... I do not think I have EVER made a pot of chili the same in my whole life... but I guess it doesn't have to be a garbage soup....

we made deer chili on our camping trip...funny we used mccormick seasoning....green red yellow bell peppers and onions ...let it cook on the campfire all day...was REALLY good

Please Note I did NOT eat the chill.. Because I don't care for Deer meet. But they did try to make me try it.. but I am very picky and I will not try much n-e-ways.. My kids Loved it